The complete course list is presently lacking a linear curriculum, so this reference aims to provide a clear, easy to follow path based on each course's prerequisites. The course order in the "Full Curriculum" sections is structured so that inidividuals with no prior programming experience can work through them from start to finish.
All of the courses can be taken for free; although the paid Nanodegree programs do offer additional benefits, including:
- a Google-accredited certificate of completion
- code reviews & guidance by Google-certified instructors
- access to a course support forum
- guaranteed job eligibility (Nanodegree Plus)
|Beginner||Preparation||Java Ⅰ||6 Weeks|
|Beginner||Preparation||Java Ⅱ||4 Months|
|Beginner||Preparation||Git & GitHub||3 Weeks||Contribute to a Repository|
|Beginner||Preparation||Install Android Studio||1 Day|
|Beginner||Core||App Development Ⅰ||4 Weeks||Score Tracker, Fact List, Quiz, Music Player, Business Info|
|Beginner||Core||UI Design||4 Weeks||Build Your Own App|
|Beginner||Core||Multi-Screen Apps||8 Weeks||Report Card, Tour Guide|
|Beginner||Core||Networking||5 Weeks||Book List, News Reader|
|Beginner||Core||UX Design||6 Weeks||Build a User-Targeted App|
|Intermediate||Core||App Development Ⅱ||2 Weeks||Popular Movies, Weather, Build Your Own App|
|Intermediate||Core||Material Design||4 Weeks||Apply Material Design to News Reader|
|Intermediate||Services||Sign-In & Profiles||2 Weeks|
|Intermediate||Services||Location & Context||2 Weeks|
|Intermediate||Games||Game Design Ⅰ||8 Weeks||Breakout Clone|
|Intermediate||Games||Game Design Ⅱ||8 Weeks||Space Shooter|
|Advanced||Core||App Development Ⅲ||6 Weeks||Stock Tracker|
|Advanced||Core||Optimizing App Performance||4 Weeks|
|Advanced||Core||Gradle||6 Weeks||Joke Teller|
|Advanced||Platforms||Android TV & Google Cast||1 Week|
|Advanced||Platforms||Android Wear||2 Weeks||Create Wear Interface for Weather App|
|Advanced||Platforms||Android Auto||1 Week|
* Course lengths are based on Udacity's presumed allocation of 6 hours per week.
- Entering students should be motivated to learn and be comfortable with basic computer skills like managing files, navigating the Internet and running programs.
Also, there are currently Habit Tracker & Inventory Tracker projects listed with the message: "Supporting course content coming in August!".
- Entering students are expected to have prior experience building applications (web or mobile)
- You should have at least 1-2 years of experience in Java or another object-oriented programming language prior to enrolling.